Looking for a unique place to stay while eloping or vacationing in Niagara Falls? We are starting an Air BNB on our grounds. Check out our venue!


​​​​​​Vintage Vows Niagara ~ Officiating Elopements In Niagara Falls 

I can Officiate  at your Venue of choice or at Vintage Vows Niagara in Niagara falls! My fee is $250. Depending how far the venue is an extra fuel charge may apply !

​If you need me to Officiate & Photograph your ceremony, that is no problem. One extra photographer will be available!

​Fees for photography are $200 an hour! $100 for 2nd photographer!

My Chapel can be rented out at an undetermined fee! Depends on how long it's being used, what extras needed etc.

                                 ​BEFORE YOU SAY '' I DO ''

​                           Age minimum
You need to be at least 16 years old to get married in Ontario.
Under 18 years old: you will need written consent from both your parents. You can get consent forms where you get a marriage licence.

​                     Types of marriage

To ensure that your marriage is performed properly and legally, an authorized official needs to marry you. There are 2 types of marriage ceremonies performed in Ontario:

Religious marriage: a recognized religious official marries you. Check the religious marriage officiants list to ensure that the officiant you are interested in hiring is authorized to perform a marriage in Ontario.

religious marriage officiantshttps://www.ontario.ca/data/registered-religious-officials

Civil marriage: a judge, justice of the peace or authorized municipal clerk marries you, often at a local municipal office or city hall.

Find a local city hall, town hall or municipal office

​Forms you need before you marry

        Before you get married, you need either:

a marriage licence, or
a banns form that you get from a church when you publicly announce your commitment during a divine service (a church publishes this declaration, called “the publication of banns”)
Banns cannot be published if you or your spouse has been married before. You will need to get a marriage licence.
You and your spouse, witnesses and the person who performed the marriage will need to sign the licence or banns immediately after the ceremony.

                                                 How to get a marriage licence

To get a marriage licence, you will need to:

bring 2 pieces of government-issued identification for each person getting married.  One piece of identification must include your photo.
Examples of government-issued identification:

government-issued birth certificate, including any change of name certificates
valid passport
record of immigrant landing
Canadian Citizenship Card
valid driver’s licence
valid Ontario Photo Card

pay a fee (fees vary and depend on the municipality)

Please check the municipality’s website to ensure you have all of the information required to purchase a marriage licence.

A marriage licence is valid for 90 days from the date it was issued.

Download the Marriage Licence Application form (PDF)

Find a local city hall, town hall or municipal office

Get married outside Ontario

Get a marriage certificate

A marriage certificate is the legal record of a marriage. It lists the date and place of the marriage, and names of the people who were married.

You need this document to:

show legal proof you are married
apply for certain social benefits
settle an estate
change a last name

A Record of Solemnization of Marriage is not the same thing as a marriage certificate.

Before you can get a marriage certificate, a marriage needs to be registered. 

The official who performed the marriage will do this by sending a complete and signed marriage licence to ServiceOntario.

Order a marriage certificate

Change a name after marriage

When you get married, you don’t have to legally change your last name (surname). But if you choose to legally change your last name, you can do so through ServiceOntario.

Change my last name

Remarry after a divorce
Divorced in Canada

You will need to bring official proof of the divorce with you when you apply for a marriage licence. This can be the original or a court-certified copy of one of three documents:

the final decree
the final judgment
a certificate of divorce

 Out-of-country divorces

If you were divorced outside of Canada, you will need to provide certain documents to prove that you are no longer married. The government needs to validate these documents. This process can take up to 4 weeks.

You will need to send the following documents to ServiceOntario:

marriage licence application form: completed and signed
statement of sole responsibility: for each divorce (signed by both people who are planning to get married and a witness)
legal opinion letter: from an Ontario lawyer, addressed to both people who plan to get married, giving reasons why the divorce or annulment should be recognized in Ontario
divorce decree or annulment: an original or court-certified copy in English or French. If the decree is in another language, you will need to include a translated copy and an affidavit sworn by a certified translator

Note: Completed Foreign Divorce Authorizations are sent to applicants by courier.  It is important that your full mailing address including suite/unit/apartment and buzzer number is included on the marriage licence application form, or the courier package cannot be delivered and returned to ServiceOntario.
Get a marriage licence application form
Get a statement of sole responsibility form
Please mail these documents directly to:

Marriage Office
PO Box 4600
189 Red River Road
Thunder Bay ON  P7B 6L8